- Hissing noise from the relief valve (when actuation during any steering maneuver)
- Fluid bypassing through the poppets at full turn
- System relief valve noise when required to actuate
- Selected gears make a “growling” noise
- “Squealing” noise from steering pump (if pump is belt drive) may indicate the belts should be checked and tightened or replaced if necessary
- “Clicking” noise made during the turn indicates some components may be loose and shifting under the load of the truck
- Any change in the “normal” noise of the pump may indicate that air has gotten into the system or the fluid is low.
If you need further technical assistance please call PSS at 1-800-235-3076.